Over the years I’ve made wearing denim on denim harder than it should be. I was always trying to be too matchy-matchy or looking for the perfect chambray shirt. But, there’s no such thing. One day, I had to just put it on and go. Most recently, it was a quick outfit choice for a casual brunch. Psst busy moms! Can we say go-to weekend outfit!! Yes! And the best part: it’s super easy to accessorize. I mean, seriously, denim and chambray goes with EVERYTHING!
Here are a few tips to get you over the denim hump:
- DO find denim pieces that flatter your body type. We all know not all denim is created equal.
- DON’T think you have to be matchy-matchy. Different washes actually make things more interesting.
- DO distress your denim. There’s something about a few rips that break up the monotony & play well with other denim.
- DON’T accessorize with other denim pieces (purse, hats, etc.) I’ll just say JT, Britney, and awards show and leave it at that.
- DO play with color. Like I said earlier, denim goes with everything, so have a little fun.
- DON’T be afraid to dress it up a little. Adding a statement necklace, bright lip, or a cool clutch will instantly elevate your canadian tuxedo.
Jeans – Gap | Chambray Shirt – J. Crew | Booties – Steve Madden | Hat – Target | Bag – LV
According to Q, denim on denim doesn’t have to be a hard decision. Just grab it and go. Choose casual, laid back accessories or glam it up!
Cheers to canadian tuxedos and go-to outfits!