First of all, I CANNOT believe half of the year has gone by already. I mean time is really flying. I’ve been thinking about new content over the last few months and there are a few blog tings in the works. One of them, MY FAVORITES. You know how you’ll love on a product, clothing item, or whatever during a certain period of time? You literally look up and the whole jar of body butter is gone because that’s all you’ve been using lately. There is a pair of shoes you might find yourself reaching for a lot. Me too. Oprah shares her picks all of the time so I thought I’d share the things I’m loving on a monthly basis. Some things change, some things stay in the rotation. Each month, I’ll share them with you.
Here are the things I was loving in June:
1. BLACK GIRLS ROCK : I love all things girl power, so when I found out this book had been published, I had to have it. I was super excited to add this book to my coffee table/book shelf. I think it’s awesome to see black women celebrated and many in areas we don’t see in mainstream media. We are indeed more than just actresses, musicians, and social media/video vixens. It arrived at the beginning of the month, and I’ve intentionally read a story or 3 every week. I can’t wait to share this with ladybug. Definitely add this to your collection. Get your copy HERE.
2. SHEA MOISTURE PRIMING MOISTURIZER : During these hot summer months, my makeup is super minimal. I want dewy skin that glistens, and I don’t want to worry about ruining my makeup in this heat. I tried this moisturizer on a whim and I’ve fallen in love with it. It helps prime my face for the little makeup I’ve been using and moisturizes with coconut oil (y’all know it’s my favorite). My skin really glows with this product. A definite summer must have. TIP : I mix it with a little extra coconut oil for even more moisture and to up the glow factor (I don’t have oily skin). I found it at ULTA.
3. MORPHE 9B PALETTE : The name of this palette is Bronzed Babe. And it definitely lives up to it’s name. I’ve been using at least 2 colors of this palette almost every day. It is a mix of mattes and shimmers, and perfect for an everyday neutral eye. This one will be staying in the rotation. Treat yo’self at ULTA (online or in store).
4. THE BODY SHOP COCONUT BODY BUTTER : Picture it, I was on the last corner of the body butter I normally use from some local soaperies that specialize in natural products that feel and smell amazing! What’s a girl to do? I’ve never shopped at The Body Shop when it was a store in the mall, but I needed something to get me through until I was able to restock my regulars. Y’ALL!! This body butter is amazing!! I’ve been using it almost EVERYDAY!! Glad I stumbled upon this one! Head to ULTA for some of this yumminess. (Yes, Ulta again! LOL. There’s one across the street from my office).
5. FUN EARRINGS : Like these bold, gold tribal hoops. They’re super old from Zara (sorry), and I’ve been wearing them out over the past month. These and tasseled earbobs (as my mother would say) have been jam lately. Definitely throw them on for play, but I’ve used them to add a little glam to my office attire and have a little fun!
Which favorite will you try??