This WEEK…

img_5391This week started off with a fun girls’ day out with my sister friends (Talls & Smalls).  We started out with what we thought would be brunch and a movie.  We went to a cool downtown restaurant (Sage), but after an hour and a half without food, we left and had to eat at the theatre. I had my mouth fixed for the quiche, so bothered wasn’t the word.  Sadly, I haven’t had the greatest experiences with this place.  I’m trying to support them but they’re batting 50% (with 2 out of 4 of my visits being unsatisfactory).  Sidebar question: Why do we continue to support establishments with unsatisfactory service just for the culture? Anyways, the movie was good.  We saw Intruder with Michael Ealy + Meagan Good.  The movie didn’t get the best reviews, but I enjoyed it.

img_5561I received a really sweet gift and card from a patient.  These are great reminders to keep me motivated to do what I’m doing!

img_5568I went to Aldi for the first time!! Why haven’t y’all told me??  I put Aldi in the same category as SuperLow and Save-A-Lot.  Heck even Wal-Mart, but I went and stocked up on all of my fruit and some veggies for $45.  This surely would’ve been at least $60-70 at Kroger! Anytime I can save a few coins, I’m here for it! And the fruit is good too.  I’m sold! Do you shop at Aldi?

blue-+white-tunic-outfit-the-liquor-store-4I hit 2.4K on Instagram.  Now, in the social media world, this really isn’t all that.  But to me, it’s awesome because I take pride in the growth.  My followers are all real and engage with me daily (and I love y’all for it!)  I also take pride in the fact that I haven’t ever bought a follower or paid to do any loop giveaways to grow.  We live in an age where everyone compares everything to everybody, and I would love to be on another level with my blog, but I think I’m headed in a great direction and I know that more growth is coming, so I’m going to celebrate my 2.4K like it’s waaayyy bigger! Besides, the Bible says if I’m faithful over a few things… <cheers & cue the organ shout music>

img_5552-1My Mother’s Day gift from my brother (and me) came in the mail!!! I was super excited to get them! In my older age, I love to style sneakers in different, cool ways.  I usually gravitate towards more casual options, but lately I’ve had my eye on a few high tops.  These Jordans are black and white, so neutral, right? And they have this hair detail that I swooned over! I don’t know how I’ll style them, yet, but I’m looking forward to it.

Cheers to a great week & a long holiday weekend!

10 Comments

1. Krista
    May 24, 2019 / 3:25 pm

You got the J’s!! Yay!!! I hope you enjoy them!

• Quaneshia
      Author
      May 24, 2019 / 4:49 pm

I did!!!

2. Yvette
    May 25, 2019 / 12:23 pm

Hey Quaneshia!!! I have been following you for a while now and I really enjoy your blogs. The styles you rock are GREATTTTT!!! You give so many options and styles on clothes I can wear that I hadn’t even thought of. You’ve taken me to places that I wasn’t aware of here or knew about, but your hair in its natural is beautiful. I’ve been wear my hair natural without perm for years now. So i’m trying different products to see what works for my hair. Keep up the good job you’re doing with your blogs. You are very informative and I appreciate it. Congratulations on your 2.4k and know that you have my support.

• Quaneshia
      Author
      May 25, 2019 / 12:29 pm

Thanks you sooooo much for following and reading! I truly appreciate it! There’s lots more to come!!!

3. Mickki
    May 26, 2019 / 11:36 am

I giggled about Aldi! That is me! I am not really crazy about them but my Mom has been converted, now you. I may succumb to pressure and stop by today for some fruit. So, I purchased my first pair of J’s, that pair but in the patent black style. So I’m waiting to see how you style them! I get a lot of inspiration from you! So thank you!
    Signed a soon to me empty nester who style has faltered in the last few years! I used to have so much style! Lol

• Quaneshia
      Author
      May 26, 2019 / 12:04 pm

1. Aldi will probably be my go to for fruit and veggies. I don’t know about the other stuff. Lol.
      2. Definitely be on the lookout for different ways.
      3. Thank you so much for following!! I truly appreciate it.
      4. We gotta get your groove back hunny!! Stylish moms unite!

4. Sabrina Jackson
    May 28, 2019 / 1:13 pm

I made reservations at Sage for my bday brunch with my besties and after an hour and 10 minutes of waiting, we decided to go to Aldo’s Pizza. I have heard the food is great but they need to work though a few things. Aldi’s is the best for fruits and veggies!!!

• Quaneshia
      Author
      May 28, 2019 / 1:37 pm

I feel ya!! I want to support but I’m not going to keep supporting subpar service when you don’t want to get better!
      Aldi’s is definitely the lick! Glad I know now.

5. May 29, 2019 / 1:04 am

Sounds like a fun weekend! Not fun when a restaurant that you’re waiting for doesn’t deliver. I’ve had many that I end up just not going back to depending on the service or quality of food.

• Quaneshia
      Author
      May 29, 2019 / 4:50 am

It will definitely be a while before I go back! It’s such a cool place but the service is just not up to par. Thanks for reading.