It’s a QUEEN’s birthday today!!! I don’t know about you, but when a new birthday approaches, I look at it as a new year of sorts. My own personal new year!! I become reflective and look back over the year. The fun I’ve had. The goals I’ve accomplished. The things I need to work on. The highs. The lows. You know, the same thing most people do when a new calendar year rolls around. This year, those reflections took me back through some photos. I scrolled through my 41st year month by month. And I must say, I enjoyed the walk down memory lane. So much so, I decided to share them with you. 41 was filled with fun travel, lots of music, my ladybug and luvbug growing and thriving, family & friends, new experiences, a lot of firsts, and tons of shenanigans. It has been a really great year and I’m looking forward to more greatness, more new things, more firsts, and more living, laughing, and loving in chapter 42.
- OTR Tour Nashville (My sis and b-law put on an amazing concert! It was THE BEST HANDS DOWN!)
- First time getting lemonade braids (I loved them!)
- First Diner en Blanc (I had an awesome time. See full post HERE)
- Ladybug turned 9 months
- Tamia Concert (she’s one of my faves; I styled a sequin blazer with jeans and chucks and loved it!)
- My luvbug turned 16!!
- We took a family cruise to The Bahamas to celebrate.
- I (along with the whole city of Memphis) became excited about Memphis basketball again.
- My 2nd Wine on the River (funnnnnn!)
- Ladybug’s first Halloween dress up
- First Friendsgiving
- Experienced the great Anita Baker in concert
- Another championship for my luvbug (#bballmom)
- Ladybug’s 1st Birthday
- Ladybug’s first real Christmas
- Last Styling Session with Banana Republic Factory
- J13 (y’all get it every year!)
- A small’s bday (and I think I really started tapping into my inner haute mama status)
- Luvbug is still playing (#bballmom life is still going)
- My stylist decided to have a little fun with color.
- Saints still playing too (and I’m still reppin’)
- Talls & Smalls slayed our friend’s 40th bday party (we slayed in lace!)
- Really loved my hair! We had some good days this month.
- Ladybug’s first Valentine’s Day
- Blog Relaunch
- Attempted my first twistout (and lovvveeeed it!)
- Loved on my little loves a lot!
- Attended Young Arts Contemporary weekend and met my play cousin Shavonda,
- 80s party
- Memphis Fashion Week (y’all remember the kimono turned wrap top situation?)
- Mother’s Day Shoot with my little loves
- Ledybug’s first real Easter
- Luvbug got his 1st sports letter and was in the 3.0 GPA club
- Luvbug made a Nike Sponsored Team (proud #bballmom moment)
- Started wearing waistbeads (see post HERE)
- GOT facial
- First time as a panelist
- Featured in a digital magazine
- First time Memphis In May Music Festival attendee
- Made a hair heart with Carmeon
- First time as a guest on the TV show – 901 Health Tips
- First time as a guest on a podcast
- Tried Crossfit for the first time
- Was a lady in red for the URBN Tea Party
- Made Mexican corn for the first time
- AXE throwing
- Costa Rica (see full recap HERE)
- Saw Hamilton : The Musical (It was AMAZING! Review coming soon)
Happy New Year to me!!! And thank you for coming along for the ride! Cheers to 42!!!